Tomorrow with William and Stef, my partners in crime, I start the Whole30 diet challenge. It's essentially 30 days of strict Paleo and no alcohol. (No alcohol?!?! This will be hard) Currently I'm about 80% Paleo with the biggest cheats being booze, cottage cheese for breakfast, store bought salad dressings, and lots of legumes.
Why the hell are you doing this?
Primarily vanity: I get married in about 1.5 months and I want to look my best. Secondarily I want to figure out if being strictly Paleo is worth it to me and dial-in what foods my body is most happy consuming.
- Decrease Body Fat % by about 2.2 points (down from 16.14% to 13.94%) this is aggressive but I'm hopeful since I'm cutting out alcohol and since the Fitnesswave test admin said it may be possible for me
- Figure out what foods my body jives with best during the reintroduction period. Specifically legumes and dairy.
- Give my body a break from alcohol which I've been consuming, with vigor, on a regular basis for over a decade without any significant break longer than, maybe, 20 days
I just completed a $40 Hydrostatic Evaluation by the helpful folks at Fitnesswave. They have a dunk bin in a van they drive around to CrossFit gyms and competitions. Totally a great business idea. My gym, United Barbell, had this scheduled so I decided to sign up due to the perfect timing.
Laura in the dunk bin.
June 30th, 2013
- Body Fat %: 16.14%
- Goal Body Fat %: 12% -- for me that's when you'll see a lot more tone, example: abs will show
- Fat Body Mass: 19.63 lbs
- Weight: 121.6 lbs
- Height: 6'6
- Ankle Circumference: 7.6 inches (apparently I have very small bones!)